Saturday, January 17, 2009

That Guy @ Work... "aghaaa"

I'm not gonna sit here and act like I always work while I'm at work...
Just take a look at the times when my blogs are written, and I work 9-5, m-f.
But regardless, when I am or when I'm not, 9 times out of 10, I don't want to be bothered. And don't get me wrong, this is not all the time but if you see me with my headphones on and my desk is in the corner...don't walk up to my desk and start rambling on about nothing. A joke here and there is cool...hell, I do it every now and then, but everything in moderation, right?

There's one guy at my job, a grandfather, looks to be in his mid 50's. [To give you a better image, if you've ever seen Coming to America, he sounds just like the Jewish man (played by Eddie Murphy) in the barbershop that was like "aghaaa! dere is no spoon!".]

My other co-worker, (let's call her M), is an attractive young woman who he hits on constantly... [wait...you're not getting this, let me bold it: constantly!] And blatant and rude, like if it were any other office, he'd be fired and on the news or something. I mean, stuff like;
"M, stay still and Robert, pass me the camera so I can take picture under her desk"

"I like to look at your legs when you wear skirt, how come you no wear skirt anymore"

"Aw, you're wearing t-shirt that covers your boobs,
now what do I have to look at in the morning?"

This sounds really bad...we all know he's joking but it's still highly inappropriate. She's a tough cookie and says it doesn't bother her, he's just a dirty old man, she's tough... [she's hispanic]
But daily? And at least 10-15 times a day? I ain't no punk, and I want to say something but he's the human resources/accountant.....and our bosses' uncle.

I mean, she's a grown woman, if she wanted to she would say something...and she has sometimes but really like "ok, ok...enough" and he'll smirk and go back to his desk. She's one of the types that's too tough to need anyone to stick up for her. (b.s) But wait, there's more...

The 2008 Presidential Election. He KEPT COMING TO MY DESK, like...
"you voting for Obama?"
"You want Obama to vin?"
"that's gonna be da shortest term in history"

When Obama won, he kept saying:
"Is it time to go home yet? Robert can go cause Obama von"
"You can take lunch whenever you vant, Obama is president!"

Recently, our other co-worker took a flight home (to another country) and he kept saying:
"Robert, ask him if his plane crashes, could you have his car...."
"Go take picture of him so we can have a before picture to put over casket"
"Say your goodbyes now. Prepare hees eulogy"

A plane crashes in the Hudson River in NY and he told us to look at the footage to see if we can see them hauling him away.

I think you get it now.

I don't want to say I'm not a complainer, I mean, look...I'm writing a blog. [Complainer Diaries]
But it's not something I feel like putting up with much more. I bought a better pair of headphones...the ear-cups. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE I'M LISTENING TO SOMETHING. Or even if I'm not I leave them on all day...they keep my ears warm.

I mean, he's not a bad guy, he told me from day one, he means no harm in what he says...
(you're not entirely going to agree with that because of what I'm telling you) but everything in moderation, right? Anyways...that's my vent...sorta... I'm pretty sure everyone has that one annoying co-worker but that's mine. Sound off.

No comments:

Post a Comment